Fruity Homemade Oatmeal
By 30 Minutes or Less
Try this hearty meal as a power-packed breakfast before school or work.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) water
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup black currants
1 medium apple, cored and chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
- Add water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Skin, core, and cut apple into small pieces.
- Once water is boiling, stir in oatmeal, currants, chopped apple, and cinnamon.
- Turn heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until most of the water is absorbed.
- Let cool and serve.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- % of Calories from Fat: 9%
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Protein: 6g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.