Pork Chops in Warm Cherry Sauce
By 30 Minutes or Less
The rich, savory sauce makes this an elegant dish!
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
4 (3 oz) bone-in center cut pork chops
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup (8 oz) dry red wine
1 tsp dried tarragon
2 cups dried cherries
- Trim visible fat from pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan, warm 1 1/2 tsp of oil over high heat. When pan is hot, brown chops on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove chops from pan and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add remaining 1/2 tsp of oil and diced onion to non-stick pan. Cook and stir until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
- Add red wine. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tarragon and cherries. Cook and stir for another minute to blend.
- Return pork chops and any juices to pan. Simmer 9 minutes to thicken sauce and until pork chops are fully cooked (minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 500
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 16%
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Protein: 30g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.