Quick & Healthy Chili & Lime Chicken Potato Tacos
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This recipe is great if you crave Mexican food but don't want all of the extra calories!
1/2 lb Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
Olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup red chili enchilada sauce
1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, low-fat, shredded
8- 6 inch corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
2 radishes, sliced
Salsa, low sodium (optional)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, pepper and seasoning and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place equal amount of cheese on each tortilla and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted.
- Add potato mixture, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and radishes to each tortilla.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:17%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board.
- 3 new comments