Grilled Potato Kabobs w/Lemon-Herb Drizzle
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Substitue your favorite low-fat protein for the chicken or try a new potato variety for a vegetarian version of this delicious kabob!
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage), chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 lb russet potatoes, scrubbed
12 oz chicken, boneless and skinless
2 ears corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 bell peppers, cubed
1 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick on a diagonal
1 artichoke, cubed
- Heat oil in a small saucepan until very hot. Remove from heat and stir in garlic. Let cool.
- Once cooled, stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are cool enough the handle, cut into large chunks.
- Thread potatoes, chicken, and vegetables onto skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove from grill and place on platter. Drizzle with remaining herb mixture. Serve.
- Total Fat:19g
- Saturated Fat:3g
- Dietary Fiber:8g
- % of Calories from Fat:33.5%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the United States Potato Board.
- 3 new comments