Quick & Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This recipe is perfect for on-the-go familes who want to come home to a comforting meal that's ready to eat when they get in the door!
2 lbs bone-in chicken breasts, skinless
2 tsp garam masala (Indian seasoning)
1 tsp garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 1/4 lbs small red potatoes
3/4 cup pearl onions
2 cups baby carrots
3/4 cups (6 oz) chicken broth, low-sodium
8 oz mushrooms
Fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
1 cup garbanzo beans, low-sodium, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine garam masala, garlic salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. Spoon flour on to second dinner plate. Coat each chicken breast with mixture and then dredge well in flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is golden brown on both sides (approx. 3-4 minutes per side). Cook chicken in two batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan.
- Place chicken in large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients except for fresh thyme. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving, if desired.
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 16%
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Protein: 40g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from the United States Potato Board.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments