Banana Split Oatmeal
By 30 Minutes or Less
This fiber-full oatmeal will keep your stomach satisfied!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
1/3 cup quick oatmeal
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup very hot water
1/2 banana, sliced
1/2 cup frozen yogurt, fat-free
- In a microwave-safe cereal bowl, mix together the oatmeal and salt. Stir in water.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute then stir. Microwave on high power for another minute and stir again.
- Microwave an additional 30-60 seconds on high power until the cereal reaches the desired thickness. Stir again.
- Top with banana and frozen yogurt.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 11%
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Protein: 8g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Cooperative Extension.