Turkey & Apple Panini
By 30 Minutes or Less
Love dipping apples in cheese fondue? This recipe combines that sweet and creamy experience in a panini!
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
2 large apples
8 slices whole wheat bread
4 tsp margarine
1/2 lb smoked turkey, sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, low-fat and low-sodium
- Slice apples into very thin slices, removing cores, but leaving the skin. Set aside.
- Preheat an electric panini press to approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit or to medium heat on a stovetop panini press.
- Lightly butter each slice of the bread with the margarine. With the butter side out, layer turkey, cheese, and apples and put the second piece of bread on the top (butter side up).
- Place on the press and close the lid. Cook until bread is toasty brown. Serve.
- Total Fat:9g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:7g
- % of Calories from Fat:24%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Stemilt Growers.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments