Breakfast Cactus Pear Burrito
By 30 Minutes or Less
Wake up to a burrito with a taste sensation from the west!
2 medium cactus pears (prickly pears)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
4- 6" whole wheat tortillas
- Clean, remove seeds, and dice the cactus pears.
- Cook pears, onions, and peppers in a small amount of olive oil until throughly heated.
- Beat eggs, milk, and chili powder in a small bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook without stirring until the mixture bubbles and is ready to be folded.
- Add cheese, fold, and cook until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Serve on warm tortillas.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 24%
- Sodium: 330 mg
- Protein: 13g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the Utah State University Cooperative Extension.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments