Pumpkin & Bean Soup
By 30 Minutes or Less
This wonderful thick, hearty soup doesn't take a lot of effort to make. It's full of all that's good for you: pumpkin, white beans, and apple juice. Enjoy!
1 can (15 1/2 oz) white beans, low-sodium
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup (8 oz) water
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, unsalted
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) 100% apple juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg, allspice, or ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
- Blend white beans, onion, and water with a potato masher or blender until smooth.
- In a large pot, add the pumpkin, juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and salt. Stir.
- Add the blended bean mix to the pot.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, until throughly warmed. Serve.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 7.5%
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Protein: 4g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.
- 3 new comments