Apple Tuna Sandwiches
By 30 Minutes or Less
This recipe adds more fiber and vitamins to your traditional tuna sandwich.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
1 can (6 1/2 oz) tuna, packed in water and drained
1 large apple
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt, low-fat
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp honey
6 slices whole wheat bread
3 lettuce leaves
- Wash and peel the apple. Chop into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tuna mixture onto each 3 slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with a washed lettuce leaf and slice of bread. Serve.
- Total Fat:4g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:12%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments