Apple Tuna Sandwiches
By 30 Minutes or Less
This recipe adds more fiber and vitamins to your traditional tuna sandwich.
1 can (6 1/2 oz) tuna, packed in water and drained
1 large apple
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt, low-fat
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp honey
6 slices whole wheat bread
3 lettuce leaves
- Wash and peel the apple. Chop into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tuna mixture onto each 3 slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with a washed lettuce leaf and slice of bread. Serve.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 12%
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Protein: 23g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments