Warm Apple-Onion Slaw
By 30 Minutes or Less
Attractive and delicious, this combination of onions, purple cabbage (a little sweeter than green) and apples makes a perfect fall or winter side dish.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1 medium head purple cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Apple cider vinegar to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onion and cook until softened. Add apple slices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage along with a splash of cider vinegar and water. Cook until the cabbage is softened but still retains most of its crispness.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper (optional). Serve.
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 28%
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina State Plants for Human Health Institute.
- Comments (0)