Sweet Winter Squash
By 30 Minutes or Less
Serve this sweet winter squash recipe as a wow-worthy side dish for your holiday dinners.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 3/4
2 medium winter squash (butternut, acorn, sweet dumpling)
1/2 cup (4 oz) 100% orange juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Place each squash in the microwave and heat on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cut each squash in half. Remove the seeds and loose fibers in the middle.
- Place the squash on an ungreased baking pan. The cut side of the squash should be face up and the uncut part of the squash should touch the pan.
- Pour 2 Tbsp of juice into half of the squash. Spread it evenly on the inside of each squash.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- Season with cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- % of Calories from Fat: 0%
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from the Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.
- Comments (0)