Kale & Parsnip Saute
By 30 Minutes or Less
Simple saute of kale, parsnips, and onions spiced up a little with ginger.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
1 cup (8 oz) water
2 Tbsp ginger, minced8 cups kale, veins removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup onions, halved and sliced
1 cup parsnips, halved and sliced
1 Tbsp corn oil
- Saute the onions and parsnips in oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the water and ginger. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue cooking 4-5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- % of Calories from Fat: 33%
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Protein: 3g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the University of Missouri Extension.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments