Roasted Winter Squash and Mozzarella Quesadillas
By 30 Minutes or Less
This recipe will warm your taste buds and your belly on a cold winter day or any time of the year.
6 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 1/2 cups red peppers
1 Tbsp garlic, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 dashes salt
2 dashes pepper
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, fat-free, shredded
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup green onions, trimmed and sliced thin
3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
6 Tbsp onion, diced
3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the butternut squash, red pepper, and garlic with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes until they are cooked and slightly caramelized.
- While the squash mixture is cooking, combine the diced tomatoes and onions. Add 1 Tbsp of cilantro. Set aside to be used as salsa.
- Spread out tortillas on parchment-lined baking sheets. Place 1/4 cup mozzarella on one-half of each tortilla.
- Distribute roasted squash mixture evenly on top of the cheese, followed by green onions and remaining cilantro. Fold tortillas in half to form quesadillas.
- Place in a 200 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with fresh salsa on the side of the quesadilla.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 19%
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Protein: 15g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Challenge.gov Recipes for Healthy Kids.
- 0 new comments