Mediterranean Potato Soup
By 30 Minutes or Less
Who says savory soup takes a long time to make? Brimmig with vegetables, this healthy soup is satisfyingly flavorful.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 3 medium red potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (2 oz) whole wheat noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach (or 1 cup frozen spinach)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a 2-quart pot. Saute garlic and onions about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, potatoes, carrots, and seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and noodles. Bring to a boil again. Cook until noodles are soft. Remove from heat.
- Just before serving, add spinach to the pot and stir gently. Ladle into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 14g
- % of Calories from Fat: 13%
- Sodium: 420 mg
- Protein: 19g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Colorado Potato.
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments