Curried Chicken with Raisins and Mushrooms
By 30 Minutes or Less
Savory chicken and mushrooms balanced with the sweetness of raisins and red bell peppers will make this curried one-pan recipe a family favorite.
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 (about 12 oz) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced into 1-inch cubes
2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, but into 3/4-inch squares
2 cups (16 oz) chicken broth, low-sodium
1 cup Sun-Maid raisins
2 cups instant whole-grain rice
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- Heat oil in large saute pan. With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and saute 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth.
- Gently mix in raisins, rice, and curry powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until rice is done. Fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:12%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council & Sun-Maid.
- 3 new comments