Chicken, California Cling Peach & Rice Skillet Supper
This recipe is great for dinner anytime of the year!
2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 medium lime
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 Tbsp mild curry paste or powder
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/3 cups long-grain brown rice, dry
2 1/2 cups (20 oz) water
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) California Cling Peach slices
1/4 cup green onions or chives, chopped
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut each breast crosswise into 3 equal-sized pieces. Reserve.
- Using a zester or grater, remove peel from lime and chop finely. Extract juice from lime. In bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, ginger, curry paste/powder and garlic. Reserve.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and brown for 10 minutes or until golden-brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the remaining oil and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Stir in rice and curry mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Open peaches and strain juice into measuring cup. Add enough water to make 2 1/2 cups of liquid. Stir juice mixture and salt into rice.
- Nestle chicken into rice. Bring to a boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear (when chicken breast is pierced) and rice is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dice peaches into bite-sized peaches. Add peaches and green onions into chicken and rice mixture. Transfer to a heated platter and serve.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 14%
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Protein: 33g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of the California Cling Peach Board.
- Comments (0)