By 30 Minutes or Less
Compared to its traditional counterpart, this better-for-you omelet is lower in fat and cholesterol but not short on flavor.
3 cups Benefote broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces as needed
1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
16 button mushrooms, sliced
4 eggs plus egg whites from 8 eggs (or use 2 cups egg substitute or 8 whole eggs)
1/4 cup (2 oz) fat-free milk
1/2 cup ricotta cheese, fat-free
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut vegetables as directed.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Spray 10-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat. Add broccoli, peppers, and mushrooms. Saute for about 3-5 minutes then remove from pan.
To Cook One Omelet
- Use cooking spray as needed.
- Add 1/4 of egg mixture to hot skillet and let spread to cover bottom of pan.
- When egg begins to thicken on top, sprinkle with 1/4 of parmesan cheese. Dab 1/2 the omelet with ricotta cheese; spread a portion of vegetable mixture and fold 1/2 the omelet over the vegetables and let cook for about 1 more minute.
- Slide onto individual serving plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Repeat to cook all omelets.
- Garnish with remaining vegetable mixture and serve.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 33%
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Protein: 22g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Beneforte.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 1 new comments