Chicken w/ Ginger, Broccoli & Grapefruit
By 30 Minutes or Less
This recipe is an excellent source for vitamins A, B3, B6, and C!
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 piece (2"x1") fresh ginger, cut into matchstick strips
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2" strips
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup (4 oz) chicken broth, low-sodium
1/4 cup (2 oz) 100% grapefruit juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
1 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cup grapefruit sections
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ginger, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove ginger, set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken. Stir constantly, cooking until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Add broccoli with 1/4 cup water. Cook until tender crisp. Return chicken to skillet, add broth, grapefruit juice, and soy sauce.
- In a small cup, combine cornstarch with 1 Tbsp cold water until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add grapefruit sections and ginger and heat through. Serve.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 26%
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Protein: 26g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from the University of Florida/IFAS Sarasota County Extension.
- 0 new comments