By 30 Minutes or Less
Dark, leafy greens are an excellent source for vitamins A and K!
1/2 lb collard greens, rinsed, stems removed and coarsely shredded
2 cup cabbage, shredded
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp vinegar
- Rinse greens, remove stems, and coarsely shred.
- In a large saucepan, boil 3 quarts of water.
- Add greens, return to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 1 more minute. Drain in colander.
- Heat in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and saute garlic and onion until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add greens and vinegar and cook briefly, about 3 minutes. Serve.
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 41%
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Food and Health Communications, Inc.