Minted Green Beans with Red Onion
By 30 Minutes or Less
A small sliced onion added to the beans while cooking enhances their flavor with out adding fat or calories!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
2 lbs green beans, fresh or frozen
1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, minced
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a kettle of boiling water, cook beans for 2-4 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender. Transfer to a a bowl of ice and cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat the beans dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Add oil in a stream, whisking together ingredients until emulsified.
- Add cooled beans, mint, and onion, and toss mixture until well combined. Serve.
- Total Fat:2.5g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the University of Florida Sarasota County Extension.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments