By 30 Minutes or Less
Use olive oil in this recipe to add healthy fats!
Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen, cooked and drained
1 large egg
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder, low-sodium
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg white, beaten stiff
- Bring 1/2-inch height of oil to a slight boil in small sauce pan.
- Chop corn and mix with whole egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Stir in corn mixture and fold in egg white.
- Drop a Tbsp of mixture into hot oil. Cook until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining corn mixture. Let cool then serve.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 33%
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Protein: 12g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe adapted from the University of Florida Sarasota County Extension.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments