Sweet Corn Chowder
By 30 Minutes or Less
A healthier version of your traditional corn chowder. Give it a shot!
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 cups sweet corn, cut from the cob
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
3 cups (24 oz) chicken or vegetable stock, low-sodium
1 cup russet potatoes, diced
1 cup (8 oz) half and half, fat-free
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Add onions, peppers, and sweet corn to large sauce pan. Cook on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add flour and stir for one minute.
- Stir in stock until smooth. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes to desired consistency.
- Add half and half and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season with fresh parsley and serve.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 10%
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Protein: 7g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe adapted from the University of Florida Sarasota County Extension.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments