Easy Oven Packet Caribbean Tilapia with Pears, and Carnival Roasted Potatoes
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean with a rainbow mixture of seasoned vegetables and seasoned tilapia and pears, baked in no-fuss foil or parchment packets.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2 1/4
Carnival Roasted Potatoes
- 2 small red potatoes
- 2 small Yukon potatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, but into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 4-oz tilapia fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp Caribbean citrus spice seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 D'Anjou pears
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with other vegetables, seasonings, and olive oil. Spread mix in a 2-quart baking dish and place in oven. Roast until potatoes and other vegetables are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- About 15 minutes after the potato dish is placed in the oven, put in the cookie sheet with fish packets, prepared as follows: Brush fish with olive oil, coat with seasoning blend.
- Place each filet in the center of the square of aluminum foil. Cut pears into quarters and core; slice into thin wedges (about 8-12 per pear).
- Top fish with pear wedges. Bring the foil over the fish and fruit. Fold and pinch the seams. Place foil packets on a cookie sheet. Bake about 20 minutes until tilapia is cooked and fruit is tender.
- To serve, carefully open the packet, slide contents onto individual serving plates, and add roasted vegetables. Serve with 8 oz glass of fat-free milk.
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- % of Calories from Fat: 19%
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Protein: 28g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute, US Potato Board & Pear Bureau Northwest.
- Comments (0)