Grilled Steak and Peppers Salad with Pears
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Grill whole bell peppers along with steak, add Bartlett pear slices and you have the foundation for a delicious and colorful Italian-influenced salad.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup 100% white grape or apple juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian herb blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- 2 cups (4 oz) whole wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 LE JAUNE ROYALE brand yellow bell pepper
- 1 LE JAUNE ROYALE brand red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz choice beef top sirloin, boneless
- 2 USA Bartlett pears
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, juice, salt and herb together.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse in cool water.
- Heat grill, rub peppers with 1/2 tsp olive oil. Grill whole peppers, turning as needed, until skin begins to brown and bubble.
- At the same time, grill beef sirloin to desired doneness, turning once. Remove from grill, let cool slightly.
- Slice peppers into strips, discarding seeds and stem. Cut sirloin across the grain into thin slices. Slice pears into thing wedges.
- Toss arugula and pasta in large bowl. To serve, evenly divide pasta-arugula on four plates, arrange beef, pepper and pears on top, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with 8 oz fat-free milk.
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 28%
- Sodium: 330 mg
- Protein: 27g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Pear Bureau Northwest & Sun World.
- Comments (0)