Salmon Burgers and Sweet Potato Oven Fries
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
A colorful, casual meal that's surprisingly simpe to prepare.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- 4 large sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- 1-14 3/4 oz can pink or red salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 crackers, unsalted tops (saltine-like), crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Egg whites from 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt, low-fat
- 1/4 tsp ground black peper
- cooking spray
4 whole wheat buns
8 leaves bibb lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Place oven rack in center of oven, 425 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, slice into wedges length-wise. In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with canola oil and seasoning. Spread on cookie sheet. Roast in oven, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare salmon burgers. Drain salmon; place in a medium mixing bowl and flake. Fold in green onions and red pepper, crushed crackers, lemon juice, egg white, and yogurt. Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with cooking spray; heat. Cook salmon burgers until golden brown, turn and continue cooking until other side is golden brown. Serve burgers with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, sweet potato fries, and 8 oz 100% berry juice blend.
- Calories: 490
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 11g
- % of Calories from Fat: 26%
- Sodium: 590 mg
- Protein: 25g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute, Sweet Potato Council & Juice Products Association.
Make a Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments