Bruschetta with Roasted Sweet Red Peppers
By 30 Minutes or Less
This flavorful bruschetta is an excellent source for vitamins A, C and K!
Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
4- 1" slices Italian bread
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 jar (16 oz) roasted sweet red peppers
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 onion, chopped
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven's broiler.
- Slice bread loaf into 1-inch thick portions. Brush each slice on one side with olive oil. Broil, oil-side up, until barely golden. Remove from broiler pan and cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together roasted peppers, garlic, mozzarella, tomato, basil, and onion. Sprinkle mixture evenly on each toast portion.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Total Fat:9g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:33%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Cornell University Cooperative Extension Seneca County.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments