Spicy Black Beans
By 30 Minutes or Less
Refrigerating this black bean side dish for a few hours intensifies the flavor!
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup prepared hot salsa or picante sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan
- Saute the garlic until tender, about 2 minutes
- Add the beans, salsa and lime juice
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes, sitrring occasionally
- Stir in tomatoes, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice.
- Total Fat:2.5g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:17%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Services.
- 3 new comments