Brown Rice w/Sizzling Chicken & Vegetables
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Rice bowls with vegetables and chicken, popular at many restaurants, are appealing to children and adults, alike. And they're simple to prepare at home.
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup water
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cornstarch
1½ tbsp canola or corn oil
1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, cut into small wedges (about 1/8-inch thick)
3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup total)
1½ cups small broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix soy sauce, water, honey, and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add minced garlic; sauté about one minute until garlic is golden.
- Add chicken; cook about 5-6 minutes, then push chicken to the side.
- Add onions to center of skillet; cook until slightly tender and push to the side.
- Continue with carrots, broccoli, and peppers separately, placing each in the center of pan, cooking until slightly tender and pushing to the side.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into center of skillet. Leaving other ingredients at the sides of the pan, stir sauce until it thickens. Mix in with vegetables and chicken.
- Serve immediately over cooked brown rice.
- Total Fat:10g
- Saturated Fat:1.5g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:22%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of USA Rice Federation.
- 3 new comments