By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
What a surprise? Burger and fries can make a healthy meal. Potatoes, including fries, provide fiber, potassium, and vitamin C, among other important nutrients, and today's frozen fries are lower in fat and sodium than in the past. Use lean ground beef and skip the cheese t
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.25
- 1 lb lean ground beef (5% fat), thawed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 leaves red lettuce (or other leaf lettuce)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 8 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp mustard
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef with seasonings; shape into patties.
- Grill or pan fry.
- Bake shoestring french fries according to package instructions.
Remember, color is not a reliable indicator of doneness. Use a food thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the burgers is 160°F.
- Total Fat:12g
- Saturated Fat:3.5g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:26%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of United States Potato Board.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments