Grilled Lamb Salad
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Grilled lamb is delightful with any green salad, especially this Asian-inspired version.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.75
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 6 cups shredded Savoy, Napa, or green cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- 1 small jicama, julienned (optional)
- Mix marinade/dressing ingredients; divide evenly.
- Place lamb cubes in a glass dish; pour half of the marinade/dressing over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrots, jicama (optional), onions, and sesame seeds. Remove lamb and discard marinade.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes; divide lamb among the 4 skewers.
- On hot grill, cook the lamb skewers 5-6 minutes per side (or to desired degree of doneness).
- Remove lamb from skewers, add to salad, and toss. To serve, divide salad evenly on 4 plates.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Total Fat:9g
- Saturated Fat:2.5g
- Dietary Fiber:8g
- % of Calories from Fat:31%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Lean on Lamb.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments