Shrimp Confetti Salad Sandwich w/Grapes
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Grapes are a natural balance to this sweet and savory shrimp salad. Enjoy as a sandwich or over lettuce.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 0.75
- ½ lb frozen cooked cocktail shrimp (thawed, peeled, and deveined)
- 1-8 oz can yellow corn kernels, no salt added, drained
- 1 cup black beans, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt-free Caribbean citrus seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)
- 8 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce or other leaf lettuce
- Chop shrimp coarsely.
- Mix together shrimp salad ingredients.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 slices of bread; spread to edges of bread.
- Top with tomato slices, lettuce, and second bread slice.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:8g
- % of Calories from Fat:16%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute & California Table Grape Commission.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments