Grilled California Asparagus and Shrimp Quinoa Salad w/Lemon Vinaigrette
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Grilling brings out the flavor in luscious fresh vegetables like California asparagus. Add shrimp, quinoa, and refreshing lemon vinaigrette, and you have a delicious and quick spring or summer salad.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.25
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, large spears, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ yellow or red bell pepper, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 12 oz fresh or frozen jumbo or large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ cups dry quinoa, cooked according to directions
- Place vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk; set aside.
- Cut vegetables as directed. Heat grill and grilling tray.
- Place vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl; add about half of the vinaigrette (about 3 tbsp) and toss.
- Spread shrimp-vegetable mixture over hot grilling tray.
- Grill, turning shrimp and vegetables, until done (about 5-6 minutes); remove from grill.
- Serve grill mixture over cooked quinoa, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Calories: 500
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 34%
- Sodium: 570 mg
- Protein: 33g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of California Asparagus Commission.
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments