Herbed Spinach Quiche Portabella Caps
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Here's a savory, healthful, time-saving twist to breakfast quiche. Use portabella mushroom caps instead of high-fat pie pastry to make individual quiches.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1.25
- Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove portabella stems; wipe clean with damp paper towel.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Coat 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame.
- Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Using a large spoon, scoop partially-cooked, hot egg mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- % of Calories from Fat: 32%
- Sodium: 330 mg
- Protein: 17g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Mushroom Council & Egg Nutrition Center.
Make a Comment:
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments