Potato Skins w/Buffalo Chicken
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This lively dish gives a nod to buffalo chicken wings but without extra fat and calories. Start with a foundation of nutritious potatoes (naturally high in potassium, vitamin C, and fiber) and replace fried wings with shredded chicken breast. Top with fresh tomatoes and on
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2.25
- Center oven rack and preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place chicken in a sauté pan, add water, and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from pan; let cool slightly.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred using 2 forks (one in each hand).
- While chicken is simmering, prepare remaining ingredients.
- Wash potatoes and slit each one lengthwise about 1-inch deep.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half length-wise, scoop out potato, leaving a ¼-inch shell.
- Mash potato together with hot pepper sauce, sour cream, margarine, and milk.
- Fold in blue cheese and shredded chicken.
- Spoon mixture into potato skins, slightly denting center (to hold fresh toppings after baking).
- Place filled potato skins on a 9×13 baking sheet and bake about 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Dice tomatoes and green onions.
- Cut celery stalks into 4-inch sticks.
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 30%
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Protein: 20g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of United States Potato Board.
Make a Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments