Spinach Salad w/Apples & Eggs
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Enjoy a simply delicious spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs, apples, and dried figs.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2.25
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Piñata (or Gala) apples
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup dried figs (about 16 figs or one 7-oz pkg)
- 1 cup whole grain croutons
- ½ cup light honey-mustard or poppyseed dressing
Hard-boil the eggs ...
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer.
- Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes.
- Drain and fill pan with cold water; let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and slice. (This can be done ahead. If making ahead, refrigerate cooked unpeeled eggs.)
Prepare other ingredients while eggs are cooking and cooling ...
- Wash, slice, and core apples.
- Cut apples and dried figs into bite-size chunks.
- Wash and drain spinach.
- To plate, divide ingredients evenly among 4 plates, top spinach with apples, eggs, dried figs, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing.
- Total Fat:11g
- Saturated Fat:2g
- Dietary Fiber:10g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Stemilt, Juice Products Association & Egg Nutrition Center.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments