Sweet and Savory Raisin Tapenade
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Traditional tapenades can be high in sodium, but not this version, with its base of raisins. Spread on crackers or pita bread as a snack or appetizer, or as part of a tapas-inspired meal. Makes a great portable lunch.
Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 0.5
- 1 cup California raisins
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 2 tsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 16-20 whole grain pita wedges or melba rounds
- Place tapenade ingredients in food processor.
- Run until raisins, olives, and walnuts are finely chopped. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated.)
- Serve with Melba rounds or pita wedges.
- Total Fat:6g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:22%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of California Raisins & Juice Products Association.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments