By 30 Minutes or Less
This robust and savory pasta dish is the perfect recipe for your garden-fresh veggies!
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/2
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz. spaghetti or linguine, dry
- Saute onions and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add red bell pepper and saute until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato and cook over high heat until juices evaporate.
- Stir in cheese and next three ingredients, reserve.
- Cook pasta and drain well. Toss hot pasta with reserved tomato mixture.
- Total Fat:11.3g
- Saturated Fat:3g
- Dietary Fiber:10.6g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Adapted from: State of New Jersey Department of Agriculture, Jersey Fresh
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments