Bean Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving:
- 1-15 oz. can 3-Bean Salad or 4-Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. buttermilk
- 2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Drain bean salad, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid.
- Combine bean salad, celery, onion, and bell pepper in large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together reserved liquid, mayonnaise and buttermilk in small bowl until well blended. Stir in chives, parsley and dill; season with black pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Cut and remove 1/4-inch slice from top of tomatoes. Remove seeds and hollow out tomatoes leaving 1/4-inch shell. Invert onto paper-towel-lined plate to drain completely.
- Pour dressing over bean salad mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Store tomato shells and bean salad separately up to 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, stir Bean Salad to coat with dressing. Divide bean salad mixture equally between tomato shells.
- Total Fat:g
- Saturated Fat:g
- Dietary Fiber:g
- % of Calories from Fat:%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Seneca
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments