Broiled Tomatoes and Cheese
By 30 Minutes or Less
This quick and simple appetizer is perfect for a last minute party.
3 tomatoes (large, firm)
8 ounces cottage cheese, low-fat
1⁄2 tsp basil (dried)
1⁄8 tsp black pepper
1⁄4 cup bread crumbs (plain)
cooking spray (vegetable oil)
1. Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
2. Mix cottage cheese, basil and pepper.
3. Spread cheese on tomato halves.
4. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
5. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Place prepared tomatoes on a pan and broil about 10 minutes.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 11%
- Sodium: 380 mg
- Protein: 12g
- Recipe Credit
University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments