Chopped Green Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Homemade salad dressing adds even more freshness to this recipe. Use the extra dressing as a marinade!
4 cups fresh spinach (or romaine)
1 small cucumber
1 cup broccoli, blanched and shocked
1 1/2 cups green beans, blanched and shocked
3/4 cup frozen edamame, thawed
1 1/2 cups halved green grapes
1/2 cup fresh herb dressing
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, basil, or thyme
2 tsp yellow mustard
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a screw-top jar, combine orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, herb, mustard, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- On a large cutting board, cut lettuce and cucumber into bite-size pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, beans, edamame, and grapes. Toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup of herb dressing over vegetables. Toss gently to coat.
- Total Fat:4.5g
- Saturated Fat:.5g
- Dietary Fiber:3g
- % of Calories from Fat:40%
- Recipe Credit
- Let's Move Website, White House Executive Chef Cris Comerford
- 3 new comments