Apple Turkey Gyro
By 30 Minutes or Less
Fresh vegetables give this classic Greek dish a healthy twist.
1 cup sliced onion
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups green bell pepper, sliced
2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 pound turkey breast, cut into thin strips
1 medium apple, cored and sliced
6 whole wheat pitas, lightly toasted
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, lemon juice, and bell peppers in oil until crisp.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in apple.
- Fold pita in half and fill with apple mixture; drizzle with yogurt.
- Total Fat:4g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:17%
- Recipe Credit
- California Department of Health's Network for a Healthy California-Champions for Change Campaign
- 3 new comments