Tropical Fruit Snacking Cup
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
The distinct flavors of the tropics are intense in this refreshing, healthy, fruity snack.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
- 1 mango, peeled, pit removed, and cut into cubes
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 1/2 cups purple grapes, stemmed
- 1 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango nectar*
Combine all ingredients and chill for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon into chilled or frosty glasses, serve cold and enjoy.
*Chef\'s Notes: Fruit nectars are available in the canned juice area of most grocery stores. They are fruit beverages that have high levels of both fruit juice and pulp and carry a more concentrated fruit flavor.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin C, and a good source of vitamin A, potassium and fiber.
- Total Fat:0.7g
- Saturated Fat:0.1g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:4%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments