By 30 Minutes or Less
Try pairing this cabbage side dish with roasted pork.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
- 1 1/2 tsp butter (or margarine)
- 4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add water.
- Cover pan with tight-fitting lid to hold in steam.
- Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender (about 6-8 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Calories: 30
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 5%
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Protein: 1g
- Recipe Credit
North Dakota State University Extension Services, Creative Vegetable Cookery
Make a Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments