By 30 Minutes or Less
Try pairing this cabbage side dish with roasted pork.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
- 1 1/2 tsp butter (or margarine)
- 4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add water.
- Cover pan with tight-fitting lid to hold in steam.
- Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender (about 6-8 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Total Fat:1.5g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:2g
- % of Calories from Fat:5%
- Recipe Credit
- North Dakota State University Extension Services, Creative Vegetable Cookery
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments