Pear and Celery Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
This salad is perfect as the first course for dinner or as a light lunch paired with grilled chicken.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
4 celery stalks, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
2 ripe pears
4 ounces cheddar cheese, low fat
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
6 large butterhead lettuce leaves (or other lettuce)
- Whisk vinegar and honey in a large bowl until combined.
- Add pears; stir gently to coat. Add celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve.
- Total Fat:7.8g
- Saturated Fat:1.4g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:42%
- Recipe Credit
- Texas A & M AgriLife Extension
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments