Greens with Carrots
By 30 Minutes or Less
Kale, bok choy, collards or mustard greens work wonderfully in this recipe.
8 cups roughly chopped greens (kale, collard, bok choy, mustard etc.), washed
2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Wash greens and remove stems. Rough chop leaves.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add carrots and saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add greens, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and began to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce mixture over top. Toss gently and serve.
- Total Fat:1.5g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:2g
- % of Calories from Fat:27%
- Recipe Credit
- Oregon State University Extension Service's FoodHero.org Website
- 3 new comments