Tomato and Garlic Omelet
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Try adding fresh parsley in this omelet for added flavor.
1/2 slice whole wheat bread
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup egg substitute
2 Tbsp grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small
bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet
and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden
brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat
over medium-high heat. Pour in egg substitute.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the
bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the
cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread
over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the
filling. Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 27%
- Sodium: 506 mg
- Protein: 27g
- Recipe Credit
California Department of Health Champions for Change Website
- 0 new comments