Stir Fry Vegetables with Sofrito
By 30 Minutes or Less
Try serving this zesty dish over rice, pasta, chicken or fish.
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup sweet potatoes, fresh, sliced
1/2 cup calabaza or winter squash, sliced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, sliced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup eggplant, sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp Sofrito
- Wash vegetables. Peel potatoes, calabaza and eggplant. Slice all vegetables.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add potatoes and cook until slightly tender.
- Add calabaza and cook until slightly softened.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and sofrito.
- Cook in covered pan for 4-5 minutes or until tender. If needed, add a small amount of water to pan to keep vegetables from sticking.
- Calories: 101
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- % of Calories from Fat: 45%
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Protein: 3g
- Recipe Credit
UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program
- Comments (0)