Carrots with Garlic-Orange Glaze
This side dish has sweetness and a little zing!
- 2 Tbsp. Orange or Tangerine juice
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic or garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp. Grated orange peel
- 3 cups Thin Carrot slices
- Optional Minced candied ginger
In small bowl whisk together orange juice and cornstarch, stirring in sugar, vinegar, garlic and orange peel.
Place carrots in a Glad® SimplyCookingTM Microwave Steaming Bag. Seal bag.
Microwave on High power (100%) for about 4 minutes*. Open bag and add the orange juice mixture. Reseal bag and cook for about 2 minutes* longer. Let stand 1 minute before opening.
Stir well and garnish with minced candied ginger if desired.
*For 1,000 W microwaves (oven power varies, adjust times accordingly)
- Total Fat:g
- Saturated Fat:g
- Dietary Fiber:g
- % of Calories from Fat:%
- Recipe Credit
- This recipe provided by Glad Products.
- 3 new comments