Grilled Halibut w/ Roasted Pepper Salad
By The Culinary Institute of America
This savory salad is perfect for lunch or dinner, offering a colorful addition to your day.
Ingredients2 red bell peppers, or 1 cup of prepared roasted peppers
2 yellow bell peppers, or 1 cup of prepared roasted peppers
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
2 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
3 lb halibut fillet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rub the peppers with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the skins start to fall off. Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and allow them to steam for 5 minutes.
3. Peel the skin from the peppers and remove the stems and seeds. Slice the peppers into thin strips.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the capers, vinegar, cumin, red pepper flakes, and coriander. Season with about 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add the onion mixture to the peppers and keep warm.
6. Preheat a grill to medium-high. Cut the halibut into eight 6-ounce portions and season with salt and pepper. Grill the halibut until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve each portion with 1/4 cup of the roasted pepper salad.
- Carbohydrates: g
- Total Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Saturated Fat: g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- % of Calories from Fat: %
- Sodium: mg
- Protein: g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America
- 0 new comments